Outdoor staging? In the Verdes our outdoor space needs to be staged as well. We are fortunate to have comfortable low humidity and bug free evenings, so outdoor living areas are a vital part of your property. Buyers moving here want to see themselves not only in your house, but on your back patio as well!
You don’t have to have a knockout view or a pool to have an inviting outdoor space:
- Have a plan to set up areas in your outdoor space to feature your landscaping or a water feature such as a fountain or spa (how relaxing is the sound of running water….).
- Set up separate areas for outdoor dining, informal or not. Patio furniture can accommodate any level of sophistication, depending on your taste and budget.
- Comfortable conversation areas with an outdoor fire pit or tables to rest the beverage and appetizers for the after dinner conversations with family and friends long into the night. The winter months can get chilly, so an overhead propane space heater is a welcome addition to the patio.
- A grilling or cooking area with bar seating nearby for your grilling coaches.
- Use of outdoor/landscape lighting can make the space inviting as well. The buyer on a showing during the day will probably not see this feature, but you will enjoy the area all the more when softly lit.
- Don’t forget the basic area to enjoy the sun during the day with nice reclining lounge chairs. An umbrella is a nice touch of color, especially when your skin has a touch of color.
I know many buyers looking at properties in Arizona can be smitten with a great outdoor area. Don’t neglect to stage this area as well!