Monthly market titbits:
- Maricopa county Arizona is gaining 277 people a day, Arizona 355 a day in population growth.
- Sale prices are predicted to increase 14.2% in 2019-2020 the fastest rate in seven years.
- Despite rising home prices, new sales in December continued to rise as record low mortgage rates drove demand.
- The Fed voted to keep rates unchanged into 2023.
- The GDP for 2020 declined 3.5%, worst since WWII. However, the fourth quarter 2020 grew at 4% fueled by consumer spending.
- FHA will permit DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) individuals to become eligible for FHA mortgages provided they have status to work in the U.S.