Activities abound in Rio Verde bordered by the 21,099 acre McDowell Mountain Park and the nearly 3 million acre Tonto National Forest. This lends itself to many options for biking, mountain biking, camping, fishing, horseback riding and hiking in the desert. In addition, the Verdes communities also offer:
- Tennis and pickleball
- Exercise, yoga and dance classes.
- Art club and art sales
- Bridge clubs and other card game clubs
- Ski group that goes to Durango each year
- Bible study groups
- Couples golf and tennis
- Concert series
- ASU lecture series
- Volunteer opportunities
So much to offer…
Helping others, enjoying the outdoors and an active lifestyle
Tennis and Pickleball at Rio Verde:
- Six courts are available to the residents and guests of Rio Verde.
- Full time Tennis Professional Mike Davey is on site.
- Two lighted courts.
- Individual and Group lessons.
- Rated and Inter-Club League Play.
- Club Championship tournament.
- Doubles mixers and potluck Dinners.
- The Sport Court facility was recently updated to offer four pickleball courts, two bocci courts and ADA compliance with the tennis/pickleball clubhouse.
Fitness Facilities in the Verdes:
- Both Rio and Tonto Verde offer heated lap pools with spas and water aerobics classes.
- Both offer weight rooms with personal trainers available.
- Exercise classes are taught at the Rio Verde Community Center and the exercise room in the Tonto Verde Country Club clubhouse.